Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Reflections

Another great day of being with my favorite church in the world! I truly feel honored to serve as the pastor of The Journey and I'm thrilled to death at the work that is happening in the lives of people. We had our second Sunday at two services and had a stellar day -- we actually got to be back in the gym! I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day tomorrow and enjoys time off work. Here are a couple parting thoughts I will leave you with:

* I can't believe the series: Radical Jesus, is over next week -- I want to keep going...maybe I can bring it back in the fall with more content

* Don't miss next week's service, it is going to be amazing, bring somebody with you -- can I say 'baptisms' whooh!

* We begin new series in two weeks: One Prayer, we will join over a 1,000 other churches with every state represented and 18 countries total participating

* Shelly Baker did an incredible job singing 'God With Us' today

* Worship rocked as usual

* Be in prayer for me, I often feel heavy burdens while preaching and believe I am waging war against the enemy during those times. I want to speak and say everything God wants me to say and would appreciate your prayers throughout the week

* 11am service was energetic during worship today... 9am is going to have to bring it next week :-)

* Make an effort this week to evaluate where you place your identity -- center it on Jesus and who he says you are

I'm going to relax the rest of the night and get ready for my golf match in the morning with my godfather and dad -- I won the last one, I can't be slacking now!

No comments:

Post a Comment