Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunday Evening Reflections

All I can say is...wow! I don't even know where to begin describing the kind of day we had today at The Journey. I am amazed at what God did today as we opened ourselves up to Him and let Him have control. As far as ministry is concerned, this was the greatest day in ministry I have ever experienced. Here are the highlights:

* We had one scheduled baptism and ended up having 5, as people responded the prompting of the Holy Spirit and gave their lives to Christ and were baptized

* One of the guys baptized was a self-proclaimed atheist who has been attending the church for months. I remember the first words he ever spoke to me when he came, "I'm not a Christian or anything, is it still OK if I come to this church?" - unbelievable! From the first day he came until now, he has been on a journey of discovering God and today he crossed the line of faith

* We dedicated five children today as well, and spoke blessings over their lives with their families

* We commissioned some new staff at church and have many more soon to follow

It was such a great day today that I'm not quite sure how we can top it next week, but I believe the more control we give God the more He desires to show up and blow our minds! We begin a new series next week: The Radical Jesus and we go to two services 9am and 11am. Be sure to be there and bring some friends and family. Buckle up, it's about to get fast!

1 comment:

  1. Michael and I enjoyed our visit at The Journey yesterday. Our son Jacob had a great time too. God is really moving in your church. We plan on visiting again next week.

    Lisa Spencer

    ReplyDelete