Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scriptures That Speak To Me - Part 2

I continue a run through of the different passages of Scripture that speak to me and have made an impact on me during my life. These two passages today are extremely short, but profoundly impacting.

Isaiah 6:8 (click to read brief passage)
This passage of Scripture has always spoken to me in a deep way. I don't always feel qualified or worthy to do God's work, but I am always willing. I think God looks for a willingness to serve Him more than all the right credentials. This passage is an example of such an attitude. When God is looking around and asking, "Whom shall I send?" - is your first response, "Here am I, send me."? I pray daily that it would be mine. I pray it would be yours too.

John 3:30 (click to read brief passage)
This passage is always relevant and always something that we need to be reminded of. This passage is John the Baptizer speaking when he was questioned about Jesus beginning to gain many followers and an argument broke out between John's disciples and a certain Jew. Interrupting the argument, John brings into full focus the reality we must all realize, "He must become greater, I must become less." -- referring to Jesus. The passage incites humility upon anyone in leadership, because you are reminded that it is not about you, your fame, or your notoriety -- it is all about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment