Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Evening Reflections

We wrapped up our three week series today called: You Got Skillz. I hope everyone has clearly heard and understood the purpose of this series: to help everyone who calls themselves a follower of Jesus to realize the importance of discovering, mobilizing, and developing their spiritual gifts. We are going to need those gifts for the days ahead of us. If you missed a week or want to listen to the series in full, go to The Journey's website and click on Video Messages.

I'm about to head off to watch the new movie: Iron Man. I'll let you know what I thought I about later, for now, here are a couple of thoughts bouncing around my brain:

* Miranda Allen did awesome today leading worship -- it was her first time!

* Next Sunday is Celebration Sunday -- we will have Communion, Baptisms, and Baby Dedications

* Next Sunday marks the last Sunday we will be in one service -- 9am & 11am starting May 18th!!

* I begin a new series called: The Radical Jesus -- beginning May 18th, start inviting people to be there (9am and 11am)

* We have to remember that the move to two services is not going to be easy, but will prepare us to do all that God has called us to

* We need everyone who is staff, regulars, and new to The Journey (I think that covers everyone) to serve in some capacity for the two services

* God is moving in our midst in a mighty way -- peoples lives are being changed, people are finding Christ for the first time, and God is speaking to people concerning ministry ideas -- Let's run the race to win! (1 Corinthians 9:24-27)

* Just for those who forgot: University of Tennessee is hands down the best football team on the planet...just thought I would sneak that in there

Look for some new types of posts this week on my BLOG -- I'm going to be posting some of my favorite passages and why, plus I will define for you what a church is? If someone asked you, could you answer it? Would all our answers be the same? I'll post that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment