Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Scriptures That Speak to Me - Part 5

Today I want to highlight a couple of passages that have excited me and spoke deeply to me.

Ephesians 3:20-21 (click to read brief passage)

In this passage we learn that God is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. He can do more than what we ask. Even when we put limitations on what He can do He is not bound by them. He can do more than we can imagine. Take a minute to dream of the greatest possible thing that God could bless you with, make happen, or accomplish - now take a second to soak in the fact that God can do even more than that. Wow! That is powerful. It makes me excited. It makes me desire to dream bigger.

1 Timothy 6:11 (click to read brief passage)

Short and simple, but powerful. You, man of God, flee from all that comes at you that would love to distract you, consume you, steal God's blessing from you -- instead, pursue godliness, righteousness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. How many men and women need to internalize this command from Paul to Timothy? I do; it speaks to me. What are you pursuing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment