Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Jesus Confirms My Plea

A couple of weeks ago I posted a plea to not see the summer as a chance to slump off of church attendance, giving, serving, and inviting. In the church world, it is known as the "summer slumps" - we've usually bucked most church trends and my plea to The Journey was that we would buck this one also.

As I was looking this morning at a list of Scriptures that have spoken to me throughout me life, I ran across one that is simply just too good to pass up, considering this has been a part of the conversation over the last several weeks. So here goes...a somewhat different approach to the usual post's entitled: Scriptures That Speak To Me.

John 4:35 (NLT) - Jesus is speaking. "Do you think the work of harvesting will not begin until the summer ends four months from now? Look around you! Vast fields are ripening all around us and are ready now for the harvest."

Jesus confirms exactly what I have been saying. There is no such thing as a summer off, in fact, the harvest is ripe for the picking now. God is not taking a break this summer in trying to redeem His creation, neither should we. Who's the person in your life right now who needs to know the hope of Jesus? What are you doing about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment