Thursday, June 19, 2008

Join Me in Prayer

There are many moving parts surrounding the Journey right now. We are moving rapidly toward our vision of launching two new campuses in the fall. The purpose behind starting these new campuses is simple: make disciples of Jesus. We believe that all around us are people living lives less than what they were created to live. We believe that though there are well-intentioned churches out there, not all churches are meeting their full-redemptive potential. The Journey is not perfect, but we believe God is building his church and the gates of hell cannot prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).

I am asking you to join me in prayer. The month of July will be a 31 day prayer focus for our church. We are going to outline all the prayer needs that we face as we move forward with our mission. I have a specific prayer focus needed right now. The elders and I believe that Trousdale County High School is the place where we need to meet for worship services in Hartsville this fall. I am calling the school board on Monday to share our request. A check in my spirit has prevented me from calling thus far, and the Lord revealed a need to pray about this phone call. I have asked the elders and potential campus pastors to join me in praying and fasting for God to give us this location as a meeting space. We are fasting on Friday if you desire to partner with us. Regardless of whether you fast or not, please join in praying about this door of opportunity to open for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment