Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Reflections

I'm so lucky I get to be the lead pastor of The Journey. I get more excited each passing week about what God is doing, the people he is leading to our church, and the direction that we are heading. I want to reiterate to everyone who was at The Journey today, find a way to mobilize your gifts in the church. Find out which environment is the one in which your gifts can best be unleashed (public worship gathering, intimate spaces, or the mission field) and many will discover that your gifts can be deployed in all three if you look closely enough. This message has to be grasped and lived out if we are to be the church God desires for us to be.

I'm sending out a newsletter to all in the church tomorrow to inform you of some very big decisions that were made by the elders and specific ministry leaders concerning the direction of The Journey this evening. I will BLOG more in depth on this on Tuesday, but it is exciting! The days ahead will cause each of us to dig deeper, pray harder, and dream bigger than we ever have before, but that is exactly the place that God desires for us to be. I thoroughly enjoy being on the journey with you all; we are only scratching the surface of all that is to come - let's ignite a Jesus movement!

No comments:

Post a Comment