Monday, April 28, 2008

Positive response to Sunday message

I have heard a lot of feedback yesterday and today concerning things God is putting on the hearts of people in the Journey about using their gifts. First off, I'm thrilled to hear that most of you did not forget 95% of what I said. Secondly, I meant every bit of my sermon and my belief that the body of Christ will only reach its destiny as each member finds its gifting and mobilizes it. I've heard many people mention getting in a small group or having coffee house conversation with another person or two for opportunities for spiritual growth. I have received responses from people who are wanting to start ministries or get involved with other ones. Many others have mentioned ideas that the sermon sparked in them.

This gives me encouragement that God is at work in the midst of these teachings. If I was completely transparent with you all, I have struggled to get really excited about this teaching series, not because I don't believe in it, but because it is not as "sexy", for lack of better words, as other potential teaching series. This series is not the most thought provoking, insightful, or inspiring series in the world, but I TRULY BELIEVE it is what God has wanted me to teach for this season at The Journey. I say all that to say, thank you for confirming in me, by your responses, that God is definitely the orchestrator of this.

Added note: thank you all for your prayers for Kaleb; he is recovering well from his tonsils and adenoids removal - he can't wait to get back to the Journey to see his friends and play the "air" drums.

No comments:

Post a Comment