The DNA of something is what makes it what it is. It determines what it will look like. It determines what it will become. On our elder off-site meeting we began our time together by asking the question: what is the DNA of The Journey? That is not an easy question. What we were seeking to discover is what makes The Journey different than every other church around the county, state, country, and world. Like every human, there will be certain characteristics that will be the same, but like every human, no one church is alike or identical. What makes you different is your DNA.
The following is a list of things that we believed characterized the DNA of The Journey. There may be more things you will be tempted to add, but you have to ask do those things spring forth from the things already listed? In other words, our DNA will produce certain behaviors, environments, and guide our decisions. In the days ahead, I will dive deeper into each element of our DNA. Our main hope is that it begins to become the DNA of each person that comes to The Journey.
* We believe every person is uniquely created for relationship with God
* It is all about Jesus
* People matter
* We anticipate God's movement
* We believe we are called to ignite a movement, we are a part of something bigger than ourselves
* Servant leadership will define our leaders
* Reckless abandon - anything to the extent of sin to reach people
* Creating transformational experiences