Thursday, August 21, 2008

A New Journey Begins

Today I begin a new journey in my life. I start my Master's program at Vanderbilt today. I have orientation and registration for classes all day long. This evening will be a class reception and dinner. Two thoughts are swirling around my head:

1. How did I fool Vanderbilt into accepting me?

2. What level of focus and commitment is this going to require of me?

This program will grow me and challenge me in great ways. Completing this program is going to open many opportunities and doors for me in the future. More importantly, I believe I'm going here for more than a piece of paper; I believe I'm going to Vanderbilt because their are leaders and individuals there that God desires for me to encounter and invest in. There are going to be some kingdom warriors that I'm going to partner with as a result of this...I'm believing that with all my heart.

I know it is going to be difficult. I truly believe God has ordained this season for me, but I know it is going to require extreme focus. Pray that I would be wise with my time and confident in myself as I embark on this new part of my life.

2 comments:

  1. You can kiss the PS3 goodbye and your Wii age is about to skyrocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Wii age can't afford to go any higher...I'll be dead!

    ReplyDelete