Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Things Come Full Circle

An interesting thing happened to me the last couple of days. I was asked to participate with a few other men to be trained on how to assess new church planters. This was two days of training in which I learned a great deal about assessing planters, but also myself. It was a great reminder that there are things that I need to better develop in my own life and leadership.

For me this experience was one of those moments where things come full circle. It was nearly five years ago that I was sitting on the other side of the table being assessed by someone to determine my "ability" to plant a church. It just reminded me of God's faithfulness and goodness to me, my family, and our church over this time.

Since that time: we have led countless numbers of people to faith in Christ, baptized well over 60 people, been used by God to restore marriages, restore faith, and watch people grow deeper with Jesus. It has been an incredible ride so far, but there is so much more to come.

It really is cool to have those full circle moments. When is the last time you had one of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment