Monday, July 28, 2008

Getting Saved and Stuff

Kids will say the darnedest things won't they? Yesterday while Katrina and I were at the Griffin's house for dinner, Kaleb was talking to himself while playing in his own world. While he was talking we overheard him say something and we asked him to repeat it.

Laurie Griffin: "What did you say Kaleb?"

Kaleb: "I'm talking about getting saved and stuff."

All of us: "Getting saved?"

Kaleb: "Yeah."

Laurie Griffin: "What would you tell someone about getting saved?"

Kaleb: "Watch out for the dinosaurs!"

I looked my son in the face and told him, "that will preach!"

I'm so proud of my son. He is only 4 years old, but there is so much that is right about him. He loves church. He loves going every week to sing, play guitar, and being with his friends. We are constantly teaching about Jesus and what it means to be a leader for God. He really is starting to get it. I ask him all the time what a leader would do and he can always give me the right answer.

The things we talk about and pray about at the house and at church are the things that are on his lips and in his mind. What are you exposing your kids to? Are the conversations within the home effecting their conversations?

Yesterday after church he was taking a nap and I went to lay beside him and he gave a big grin and opened his eyes. I said, "Are you awake son?" He looked at me and smiled and said, "Yeah...tell me a story about Jesus."

"Gladly son."

No comments:

Post a Comment