Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Review

This has been quite a weekend for The Journey, as we unveiled the strategy and game plan for living out our vision of being One Church, in multiple-locations. I, along with the elders, had the privilege to stand before the people of The Journey to announce this challenging, yet energizing initiative. I can hardly wait until the The Journey @ Providence launches in September. We will remain one church, with one set of elders, one central message, and the same identical service for all locations. I pray for all that God is going to do through this move and the people who will be reached as a result.

My wife and I also hosted a group of new people from The Journey at our home this afternoon for a pastor's lunch. It was a great opportunity to get to know the people God is bringing to the church and to hear a little bit more about their lives. I'm excited about the kind of people God is bringing. I believe he is bringing high-capacity leaders, people with servants hearts, and people who are hungry to join God in his mission to reach people with the message of Jesus.

It was a landmark weekend, a weekend that we will look back on one day and remember when we first heard the vision -- then we will fall to our knees and praise God for all he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment