Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Needed Day Off

Today I'm anticipating a much needed day off. I have quickly discovered over the years that if you don't make yourself take a day off in ministry that you will never have one. Ministry is a 24/7, 365 day a year job and will always have a demand on your time. I'm looking forward to a day with my son and hanging with Katrina. I think I might help her clean the house today and then take the top off my Jeep and drive my son around. He loves going to Books-A-Million and playing with the Thomas the Train set, so we'll probably take a trip there. Then the icing on the cake, we are going on the Star train ride to Nashville for some ice-cream and then we will head back home. The rest of the week will have its demands and challenges, but for today, my family gets me -- like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment