Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Pastor Networks offer encouragement

Today I had the opportunity to get with a handful of pastors and ministers in the local area who are in the trenches of ministry. We get together monthly to encourage one another and share what our churches are doing. I love the fact that we come as brothers in Christ, not as competition, rivals, or enemies. We don't gather to compare churches, but to challenge each other to strive for more and to pray big prayers. We break down into small groups and actually have prayer for one another and lift up our individual needs -- it is very refreshing.

I'm also going tomorrow to another network in Cookeville. This is a network of churches that are about planting new churches. This network helped fund The Journey to get started. I always leave these networks encouraged, re-energized, and reminded of why I do what I do. I'm constantly amazed at how God is linking and connecting like-minded churches and people together for the accomplishment of his mission. Churches from all types of denominations are working together for the common purpose of spreading the gospel of Jesus. That is what it is all about -- it always brings me renewed hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment