Thursday, March 13, 2008

Great Coffee and Conversation


I engaged in one of my favorite activities today...drinking...Starbucks that is. I had a great conversation with a couple of buds around some coffee. We talked about what God is doing in our lives and areas that we feel we need improvement and encouragement.

We all need that -- we discovered from our conversation that it is not good to bottle things up inside, but rather it is quite liberating to share your fears, insecurities, and lessons your learning. If we would be more willing to find people we can truly share things with, I believe we would live with less guilt and shame in our lives. Guilt and shame are truly tools our enemy uses against us; however, it is nothing that a good cup of Starbucks coffee, conversation, and the power of God can't overcome.

By the way, if you have not checked out the newest video on my blog you need to do so now...you are going to get a kick out of it. Click on the 'Griffin Displays True Humility' under the videos heading.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Hugh, from your first post! I was very relieved to see that you were Blogging for the Body, and in fact it was an answer to my prayers. I have been sternly confronted recently regarding my personal accountability, as well as my conjunction biblically with the ministry in the Body. And I knew that the truth is, there is know way I can know my place if I do not know the place of those around me. I wasn’t about to run to the significant people that I feel God has identified to me, and do the run down list of 101 questions with them. (Though I still think that you have to live under the same roof with someone to truly know them) But this will work for now, So Thank you for blogging keep it up I will be reading and encouraging others to read, as well as other leaders to blog too, and will pass this along to them. So where’s Clyde’s??? Robby too??? leading worship, mucho importante’ I want to know about Robby’s Life too!!!

    I made it through about 7 of your top 10 Good stuff right up my path! I’ll finish the rest when I have time. I truly hope that people take the time to read your blogs and look into the material and people who are influencing you, so that we may all know better, our place.

    ReplyDelete