Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mohawks and Setting Examples

This morning I was hanging out with my son before him and Katrina left for the park. They are meeting a handful of other women from The Journey with their kids and spending the afternoon hanging at the park and sharing a picnic. My son came in to see me with his hair in a kick-butt Mohawk that was really impressive. The reason he is wanting to wear a Mohawk is because he has a friend that will be there today that wears his hair in a Mohawk. They call themselves each other's "boy" - they are 3 and 4 years old! The reality of the situation is that my son wants to wear a Mohawk because someone he likes is setting an example. This got me to thinking about who are setting the examples for me that I'm following? Who am I setting an example for? Not all examples are worth being mimicked, but the question we must all be willing to explore is who's Mohawk is influencing us?

No comments:

Post a Comment