Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Evening Reflections

Today was the official "last day of summer." School starts back this week. Vacations are over and the normal life routine begins to start back. I had my last scheduled teaching break of the year and I'm ready to get back at it. We have two weeks left of the You Are My Joy series and then we begin the SEX series. It is going to be a great ministry season this fall and we are going to reach so many people. 

This weekend was great. Todd did such a great job today and I'm grateful for him and Shawn filling in for the last 2 out of 3 weeks. The band was awesome as usual this weekend, including the amazing Praise and Worship Night we had on Friday. I have some pictures attached that Nate Uhl took at the event. We also had a great skit today performed by Sarah and Hannah Gallagher. They always do such a great job of communicating without having to say a word. 

I'm excited about all the days ahead of us will bring. We have baptisms coming up in two weeks and it will be awesome. Keep praying big prayers Journey Church and continue to be faithful in all that God asks us to do to forward His mission. 





1 comment:

  1. Erik, this teaching has been awsome so far, It has brought out so much clarity for my self when it came to under standing the difference between Happiness & Joy.

    Can't wait for the sex series coming up.

    Praise & Worship night was amazing To feel the presence of God so strong you never want it to end. I pray there will be more of that,and to see so many hands in the air praising The Father, you know he was full of Joy as he watched his church praise and honor him.

    ReplyDelete