Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sex Questions: Part 1

Here is the start of answering some of the questions that were texted in during service on Sunday. The following answers are in no way reflective of the Journey Church, my friends, or family...though they probably should be. LOL

* What does God say to teen girls about chastity & purity?
God says the same thing to teenage girls that he says to everyone else about chastity and purity: in order to engage in sexual activity it is expected that we are in the covenant of marriage between one man and one woman. All sex outside of this context is sin. Unless we are in the boundaries that God designed for our sexual behavior, we are all to remain sexually pure. Marriage is described as a covenant in Malachi 2 and Proverbs 2. It is outlined in Genesis 2:18-24 as being between one man and one woman, and confirm by Jesus as this in Matthew 19:4-6.

* Is it a sin to have sex before you are married?
This is a softball and thank you to whoever asked this. YES. Watch the sermon online here or read the answers to the other questions.

* Is my foot fetish a bad thing? I am single. I don’t have to have pretty feet to get off but I have a hard time to go out with women with ugly feet?
My initial response would be to say "no" your foot fetish is not a bad thing. I would say that being single, and saying that you don't have to have pretty feet to "get off," you are probably sinning in that way. In other words, you shouldn't be "getting off" until you are married. When it comes to having a hard time dating someone who has ugly feet, I'm not sure what to tell you. I think you have to start by being more concerned with who you are dating and who they are as a person, instead of wondering what their feet look like. I would say not to look at their feet until you know their heart and know their personality. You could lose the person of your dreams because their toes are longer than you would like. That seems to be a high cost for some feet.

* Is sexual sin different than other sin such as a prideful nature or gluttony?
No. Sexual sins are no different than any other sins (prideful nature or gluttony). All sins condemn us before God and sentence us to an eternity in hell. Our only hope to put our faith in what Jesus Christ has done for us, confess, repent, and surrender to him. I will add; however, that sexual sins have major physical, emotional, and spiritual effects that sometimes other sins may not bring with it.

3 comments:

  1. I am beginning to like you more.....good answers...:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love THC, the honesty and the true sincerity that pervades this body of believers! I'm so proud to call myself a member of this unique and genuine group of followers of Jesus.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erik, love the honest & straight forward answers!

    ReplyDelete