Tuesday, October 7, 2008

This Weekend at The Journey

Hello all! It has been a couple of weeks since posting and I apologize. School has kept all my spare time busy (not there was much before school to begin with :-)). I'm trying to get out of this blogging funk that I'm in. To do so I will have just keep my nose to the grindstone and write. Right now, I have many plates I'm trying to keep spinning: Family, The Journey, School, Writing my book, Writing published bible-studies, blogging, correspondence with a pastor in India (I'll share more on this later), and just personal refreshment time. I tell you all that to attempt to communicate my need for your prayers and support. I'm doing great; I've just never had this much going on.

I'm really excited about the new teaching series I'm starting this Sunday at The Journey. Click on this link to send someone an e-vite (email invitation). Below is the overview of what we will talk about.

Shattered: putting life together when the pieces are broken

We go through life with ideas of how things are supposed to go. We have dreams, plans and hopes for things we want to accomplish and achieve. At some point, everyone will experience the crashing down of some of those ideals. Relationships fail, jobs disappear, health fades, and we are left scrambling to pick up the pieces and make sense of it all. Where is God while these things are happening? Can we run to Him? Will He help us? The next five weeks we’ll seek to discover how to walk with God through the pain when our lives are shattered.

Hope to see you all there!

No comments:

Post a Comment