Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Reflections

Something has been brewing inside of me as of late. I will be sharing more about this over time, because I don't want to communicate it as some "flash in the pan" set of thoughts I'm having. These things going on in me have been happening for many years now, but God is beginning to make them so much clearer than ever before.

My sermon today had traces of the transformation happening inside of me right now. The sermon dealt with how we "dig our own graves" through our choices, decisions, and actions that are apart from the will of God. Our sin brings devastating results. We must stop making decisions and choice that gain us nothing, but cost us everything. I didn't want to stay on this too long, but I felt clear that I needed to make sure it was understood. The main point I wanted to come across was: we must be transformed by the renewing of our minds, where our desire for obedience outweighs our sinful desires. I dream of a people and a church who's hearts are defined by this. And I have to be the first person willing to model it.

Journey church, we are going to experience some amazing things in the days ahead. God is stirring something in more people than just me. God is about to ignite a movement in His people that will call all people to Himself. I was excited by the spirit of the room today and the response I heard from people following the message. I heard people say over and over again, "thank you, I needed that." The key for us is not just hearing it, but doing it. That is true worship.

Passages for reference from today:
Romans 7:14-8:14 (NLT)**Main Passage
Exodus 34:7 (NLT)**Generational Sin
Galatians 6:7-8 (NLT) **We reap what we sow
Psalm 119:32 (TNIV) **Running to God's commands set our hearts free
Romans 12:1-2 (TNIV) **True worship is through our actions; transforming of our minds
Matthew 26:26-28 (NLT) **Communion
Colossians 2:13-14 (NLT) **Christ's work on the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment