Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday Morning Reflections

By the time I went to bed last night I was completely exhausted. I had went to the UT vs Alabama game the night prior and didn't get home until 2am. Needless to say, I was very tired and had a weak voice on Sunday. What I lacked in voice, God made up in power. God once again showed up and touched the hearts and lives of people. The reality is, God is always there, it is whether we are open to allowing Him to shape and change our lives. Here were some things that stood out to me:

* I liked the flow of the service better with our changing of the order of things (I would love to get your thoughts on this as well)

* I thought it was cool to start the service off with Robbie singing 'How He Loves Us'

* Worship was great and the new song 'Breath on Me' was a success

* I enjoyed teaching on the subject of Gratitude. I'm still trying to align my perspective on life through the lenses of gratitude, but it was fun to see people writing down things they are grateful for and sharing it with someone else

* We had two full services yesterday and the energy was great

* I enjoyed having reflection and prayer time after service -- this allows people who feel intimidated by coming in front of the church to still have an opportunity to respond to the message and receive care

* Our "business meeting" went great and we had a great time eating and worshiping together -- we are going to do those more often

It was a great day yesterday. There are many more days like that ahead of us. Do not settle for mediocrity Journey church, we have been called to challenge the status quo and lead the way in stirring a movement for Jesus. That is exactly what we are going to do.

1 comment:

  1. I also liked how the lineup was changed during the service. I think it may bring more people to ask for prayer. Especially newer members. Also, the message was needed. I know for me anyways. Thanks Erik!

    ReplyDelete