Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Evening Reflections

It has been a great day today. I'm about to go take Kaleb to a birthday party at Pump It Up. That should be a lot of fun. I am very pleased with how the day went today. I knew going into the message I was going to be preaching a sermon that is not given very often. I didn't know what to expect as a reaction from people when I declared that following Jesus is a "living suicide." However, I could sense God moving in a great way today throughout the worship and message at both campuses. We had great attendance at our campuses today, especially considering how many folks are out for Spring Break right now. I have enjoyed preaching this Savage Generation series so much, I don't want it to end. I hope it has been something that has challenged our congregation to reach for new heights in our relationship with God.

I can't finish my reflections without making mention to how powerful worship was today. Robbie, the singers, and the band did an incredible job leading us into worship. Those were some very powerful moments today and I'm grateful to have experienced it. There are many exciting days ahead of us as a church. We are moving forward with the building in Lebanon that will house our West Campus. I guess it will officially be our Lebanon Campus. I believe God is going to fill that building many times over in the very near future. A Jesus movement is about to erupt in our cities and lives. I can't wait.

Forward we go. I say this every week, but I truly mean it: I'm blessed to be the pastor of this church.

No comments:

Post a Comment