Thursday, March 12, 2009

3 Things God is Saying to Me

There are seasons of time in my life where I feel God is challenging me on certain things. These seasons include things I need to be praying for, areas in my life where I need to repent, and even seasons of preparation for things to come. As I have prayed and sought God the last several months, there are several things that keep reemerging that I believe God is saying to me.

1. Expanded Influence
I believe the Journey is about to experience a season of expanded influence. Whether this means more people that we're ministering to each week or open doors to help direct some other churches, God is about to give us a platform to be heard. This increased influence means that individuals have to be prepared to step up into leadership roles and be prepared for increased responsibility. With increased influence comes increased responsibility.

2. Increased Dependence
This expanded influence is going to require our increased dependence on God. The strength and direction we will need to lead larger numbers will demand a more focused surrender to our Father. We cannot lead out of last year's growth in our lives. We must be before Him constantly, being led by His Spirit. We have to realize that everything comes from Him. Our growth will not be a chance to pat our own backs, but rather it will push us down lower to our knees.

3. Unashamed Love
I think this a big one. This is not simply about loving God more, it is about an unashamed love for Him. It is about an unashamed declaration that hope is only found Him. We have to bolder in our proclamation that He is King and our lives are to be lived in relationship with Jesus. This will require sermons that are undeniably inviting people to give their life to follow Jesus. It means individuals are quick to share with friends, co-workers, and family the hope they have found in Jesus.

These are three things I feel God is saying to me. It excites me, but challenges me at the same time. What about you? In what ways do you need to respond to God's promptings?

1 comment:

  1. Dude! The new site looks great! Nice job. That video on the front page is really cool. Maybe I should get that guy to make one for my blog site too! LOL.

    Looks really cool man. This is a great trademark. Use it as a tool!

    ReplyDelete