Monday, March 2, 2009

Savage Generation Series Begins

It has been too long since I last posted. It has been an amazing three weeks. We are in the middle of planting our new Providence Campus and things are going right on schedule. We have successfully pulled off being one church in multiple locations, pretty cool! I am on Spring Break this week from school, but I have a writing project with Lifeway that is due at the end of the week - no break for me.

I'm very excited about what is going on at church right now. I started the Savage Generation series yesterday (which the title of this blog is) and thought it was a great start to the series. The Savage Generation message has been one brewing in my heart now for about six years. I feel God is going to use the Savage Generation to do some amazing things. I think the churches in the future that thrive and reach people will be marked by the characteristics of the Savage Generation. That is why I'm so excited to finally do a teaching series on it. I believe The Journey can be one of those churches that shapes the future of what churches become. It will require us as individuals within the church to become known by those defining characteristics of the Savage Generation.

Invite a friend or family member in the weeks ahead and be thinking about those people who would only come for Easter, its only 6 weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment