Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Everything

A question that has been stirring in my spirit the last month or two is: Am I saying EVERYTHING God wants me to say? It seems like an easy question, but it is not. Am I willing to say things that I know will upset people? Am I willing to say things that will step on some toes? Am I willing to say the whole truth and call people to be transformed by it? My mind tells me yes. Sure I'm willing to say everything. Then my spirit asks me again, Are you saying EVERYTHING God wants you to say?

I have a few people in my life who I trust to share words from God with me. Some people love to claim to have the gift of prophecy, but it is just another way of saying they want to tell you what to do. The individuals I trust with this have shared encouraging things with me and challenging things. At the Sunday night event, one of those individuals whispered into my ear during worship, "God wants to pour so much more into you, but you have to quit holding back. He's going to bless what you are doing, but don't hold back." What I kept hearing was, "everything," give Him everything. Say everything.

I wanted to give you a little something that I'm praying through in my life and that perhaps you could join me in. I want to please God, not man. Pray I would say EVERYTHING God wants me to say and that He would open the floodgates as a result. Ask the question for yourself. Are you giving God everything?

1 comment:

  1. Love what you are doing. Very like minded. Chat sometime?

    justindeweese.blogspot.com
    justindeweese21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete