Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Evening Reflections

I get excited every Sunday night as I reflect on the day's events. Today was another big day for the church. We are reaching new families by the week at each campus. The church is growing both numerically and spiritually. I cannot imagine what it will look like in the middle of fall if this is what we are doing in the summer.

I continued to be impressed by all of our volunteers who make The Journey happen.

I continued to be impressed with our campus pastors who organize and lead the way at each campus.

I continue to be impressed with our worship team and their ability to bring us into the presence of God each Sunday and encourage us to pour forth our praise.

I continue to be impressed with our attitude and spirit as we challenge the church to make commitments.

I continue to be impressed with our ability to welcome new people in as if they have attended forever.

Keep up the good work Journey Church! Let's keep fighting and striving for unity so that the world will know we are His disciples. I'm honored that I get to call myself the pastor of this church.

2 comments:

  1. We brought some friends and they were amazed at how friendly everyone was when they came in the door. Made them feel welcomed and at ease. They really loved the sermon today and I think they will be back for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, that's awesome to hear. God is continuing to work in the lives of people like you who invite others. I hope and pray that they will indeed keep coming and that God would work in their lives.

    Have a great week.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete