Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend Reflections

Wow! What an incredible weekend it has been! Saturday I ran the Music City Marathon and completed the grueling 26.2 mile course. I never knew Nashville had that many hills. It has been one of my life goals to complete a marathon and now I can check that off the list. I was a big ole' emotional mess afterward too. I wasn't expecting that to be the case. When I saw Katrina at the end I just started crying. I guess it had to do with how hard I had worked and how hard the race itself was. There were several times that I questioned whether or not I would finish, but in the end, I just kept going and looking for the next mile marker. I'm stoked I finished it and I'm proud of the other Journey folks who ran the half marathon as well.

To cap off a wonder weekend, we had two incredible services today at The Journey. First off, thank you West Campus for being such troopers and making a move over to the Providence Campus on one week notice. It was a great couple of services. We had a total of 7 people who were baptized today and you could sense God's presence in a mighty way today.

A couple of side notes: First, I'm glad everyone hung in there with me after I explained that I wasn't cheating on my wife with another woman, but with busyness and other tasks. I was worried someone would walk out before I could finish the next sentence. Either that or come on stage to punch me :-). Second, I really want everyone to think about the example we did today when I tried to have the conversation with the person in the room with all the crowd noise going. This is unfortunately too close to home for many of us.

Overall, I felt it was a great day in the Kingdom of God. I pray other churches had a fantastic day today as well. I say it every week, but I mean it every time: it is a privilege to pastor this church. Greater things yet to come Journey Church!

Lastly, check out this picture of a distracted couple who are texting on their date with each other. This was a picture taken on family day Friday...eliminate the noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment