Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday Items

It is almost the weekend and I'm pumped! Most people live for the weekend because they can't stand their job, but for me the weekend is when my job has its most important day. I'm anticipating a big day this Sunday at The Journey. I am continuing our new series: Everyday Jesus. I'm going to move from the cross and the grave to talk about how we go about living in a relationship with God instead of just simply believing in Him. I'm hoping that we have some return guests with us that stumbled in on Easter and perhaps enjoyed their time at the church. By the way...GET TO CHURCH ON TIME, MOLLY MCNEIL IS OPENING THE SERVICE WITH A SONG SHE WROTE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!!!

I'm also excited for the weekend because I'm heading up to Knoxville tomorrow morning with my son and 8 other guys from the church who love Tennessee Vols football. We are going to watch the Orange and White Game and see our new look team and coaching staff for the first time. We are all extremely excited, plus, we all need a football fix as we wait until the fall.

Lastly, I want to introduce you all to my bud and Journey Executive/Campus Pastor Shawn Allen to the blogosphere. He is starting a BLOG that will introduce you to his journey from looking for a church several years ago to leaving a position as a SGT on the police force to become a full-time minister. I encourage you to pop by his blog and encourage him.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This may be the only Saturday you don't have to worry about watching them lose! Good call on taking Kaleb, I'd hate for him to see the mighty Vols lose to Wyoming or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wrong for that...just letting you know :-)

    ReplyDelete