Monday, April 20, 2009

28 Day Challenge: 1 and 2 Samuel

I have probably posted about this before, but I will say it again: my favorite two books of the Scriptures are 1 and 2 Samuel. I believe the books are a great insight into leadership, discerning God's voice, obedience, the cost of disobedience, and many other great principles. I try to read these two books once a year because God speaks so powerfully through them each time I do. Not only are there great principles than can be extracted from the text, the story-line of 1 and 2 Samuel are so good that NBC has turned it into a show called Kings. If you desire to journey with me in this challenge, we are going to read two chapters per day. There are a total of 55 chapters between both books, if we read two chapters a day and one on the last day, we will finish in 28 days. We will focus our reading times to Monday through Friday and those days will make up our 28 day challenge. How about it? Would you be willing to read for 28 days in order to hear from God and learn more about the Scriptures?

Decide whether you would like to join me. If you do, each day I will post some thoughts about the reading and what stood out to me. In addition to that, I would love for you to post the things that stood out to you or the questions that it posed to you. This could be a tool in which we grow together throughout the week and God can speak to us collectively.

Hope to see you tomorrow. Reading for tomorrow: 1 Samuel 1 - 2

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan to me.....I will hang out there in the Word of God with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try it. Hope I can keep up with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete