Monday, December 29, 2008

End of Year

I can't believe 2008 is days from being over. This year has been unbelievable in my personal life and in the church. I think it is fun to look back over the year and point out the highlights and the lessons learned. I had the leadership team at church do this as we opened our meeting. I asked: what is your favorite moment in 2008 in the church, and what is the biggest lesson you have learned in 2008? The stories and lessons shared were insightful, and they reminded me again of how good God has been to us this year.

Me personally, this has been a year of learning to please God more than I want to please others. God has challenged me to love others, but live to please Him alone. This means I have to be willing to make decisions that are not popular, if God is leading it. It means I have to be willing to preach messages that could step on toes, if that is what God wants me to say. It means I have to quit living to make others happy, and live to solely please my Father in heaven. Have I mastered this? No. However, I feel I have made strides in this direction.

What has been some of your favorite moments from 2008? What has been the biggest lesson you have learned?

I look forward to an incredible 2009 with God, my family, and The Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment