Tuesday, December 30, 2008

26.2

Well I'm doing it. Call me crazy, but I'm going to run the full marathon this coming April in Nashville. Alex Perry and I are going to take the challenge. It is 26.2 miles. I'm a fairly consistent runner and don't really have much problem running distances, but I have never ran that kind of distance. I'm going to begin an "Army style" training regiment early in the mornings to start getting prepared for it.

My biggest reason for running the marathon is that it is one of my life goal's. I have a list of about 100 life goals that I want to accomplish before I die. Others include: learning to speak Spanish fluently, become a skilled guitar player, be baptized in the Jordan River, write a book, etc. I hope in 2009 I can mark several off the list, but this one I will do for sure. Wish me luck, and if you're brave enough, join me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey you,

    I'm not doing the full this year, but my goal is to complete the half in under 2 hours. Good luck with your training! It will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too bad one of your goals isnt to play the drums cause you reached that one...kinda! next time alex needs to let u play guitar and he needs to step up and do the drums!!!

    ReplyDelete