Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Evening Reflections


As today winds down, I find myself filled with gratitude for the grace of God. Today with TJC was a great day. We finished Ephesians 2:10 this morning. I believe it is one of the most important sermons I have ever, or will ever, give. The whole issue surrounds the question: how are we to live? In light of the grace of God through Christ, how then shall we live in this world? We emphasized the idea that we only have one life, don't waste it. We don't want to waste our lives on vain pursuits. We don't want to live pursuing the American Dream, we are called to pursue the Kingdom of God. The message should be posted tomorrow on the Media page of our website

Two elements of our service today that stood out to me were our prayer time at the end of service and our corporate singing of "I Surrender All" as a church to conclude the message. I plan for us to do this a bit more frequently than we have in the past. I would like for us to take more time in our services to pray specifically for those who have needs. Today was a good start to that practice.




Next Sunday we begin a 5 week series called Counter Culture: Living for Christ in a World that Hates Him. We are going to explore how believers should approach living in a culture that is hostile toward Christ and Christians. We are going to look at many of today's hot-button topics and see what the Bible teaches us. Don't miss this series as we explore this vitally relevant discussion on living as Christians in this culture. Invite a friend.

Lastly, this week I will be writing several blog posts that I believe will be helpful to you and your faith. I'm going to write on accountability in our lives, the reality that there is much more to walking with God than many experience in their lives, defining and understanding biblical manhood and womanhood, and more. I'm going to be covering a variety of topics, but each of them are intended to help you grow in your faith and help point you in the ways of God. I hope you stop by and read.  

I pray this for you as you prepare to start a new week: The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26 ESV).


No comments:

Post a Comment