Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Treasuring the Word of God

I watched this video yesterday and it ROCKED MY WORLD. You do not have to watch the entire thing to walk away changed, just watch the first 5 minutes of it. Notice the enthusiasm these people have as they anticipate receiving the Bible in their language. Listen to the prayer the elder man prays around the 3 minute mark as they receive the Bibles. Watch how grown men weep as their people receive God's Word for the first time in their community.



Question: do we treasure the Word of God in this way? In what ways does this make you grateful for having God's Word and how will it move you to engage it more?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I guess I have always taken the fact that I have a Bible available to me for granted! I can't even imagine not being able to read God's word! To see them so excited and happy to recieve such a gift, grown men crying, I had cold chills through the whole video. Thank you for posting this. We really are so fourtunate and blessed!

    ReplyDelete